Tuesday, June 9, 2009

for my nephew


for my nephew by jamie

What interests me the most about this piece, is not just the imagery, but the juxtposition of the imagery and colour and the person. It lays very nicely. Simple and clean. Much the same as a 6 year old boy from Gruyere whom his mum still bathes, whom helps around the house, whom plays with motorbikes, whom has my heart. Much to the wholeness of the playful girls, the negative spaces inbetween bare creepy shapes therefore roughing out the youthful sugar in this picture slightly. There is more to life than meets the eye. And although Tys would always like to be at the front of the line, he not necessarily is. This is a statement of how Tyson has had to grow up, and although he is a beautiful little boy, with many troubles, the inner sweetheart comes alive at his most popular moments. And I would die for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment