Friday, April 30, 2010

WEBUYYOURKIDS

Ok. I must say, out of the past three years of waking up early, deciding what to wear, will I be warm enough, should I bring a bag to carry everything I buy for the next three days, I most definately should eat a little breakfast or grab a coffee down Degraves before the conference begins, this year at agIdeas, I've come away feeling a little tired, slightly disappointed and sheerly unsexy. With significant weight on the supposed celebration of the 20th year anniversary considered, one would envision an explosive golden platter of speakers, loads of international sensation, gushings and endless helpings of delicious design gravy and something to write home to mum about. Wrong. It was rather ordinary. Unthankful. Dismal. Tiring. I actually fell asleep during Amanda Henderson and woke up to Dean Poole, whom happens to be a brilliant. Hmmmmmm. Anyway, insipidness aside, there were a few stand out speakers including Agnete Enga from the Femme Den based at Smart Design, Michel Bouvet, Moose (Paul Curtis) and the lucrative lovelove-makers, Webuyyourkids. They flew down from Sydney to share with us some of their work and talk about their joy for illustration and design.

So here. I just wanted to show a few of the posters i find edible.








No comments:

Post a Comment