Wednesday, December 2, 2009

THE BIRTH OF SOMETHING NEW

I made this for a boy.
A nice boy.
A girly boy.
A sweet boy.
A different boy.
A shorter boy.
A quiet boy.
He makes me things too.
He bought me a soft gift. I love presents. He won't let me unwrap it. It's sitting in front of me. It's calling me. It's hurting my feelings. But when I think about him, I'm filled with color. And i'm not looking at the gift anymore. But i cant stop it. He left it here for me to watch it. He left it here for me to want it. And squirm at my desk. On my bed. In my chair. To pretend I'm not thinking about it. To pretend I don't even care about it. I'm not seducing it. I'm not even writing about it. I'm writing about his pres'ence'. That's what I'm talking about. The gift of today. And the gift of tomorrow.

Ah faaark it.
I'm opening it.

No comments:

Post a Comment