Thursday, December 10, 2009

EVERY ROSE HAS ITS THORN



The beauty in beauty is beauty I once thought.

But I am far from right. It's much more complex than that. Or is it? Not a single day slides where the things I find the most beautiful don't fascinate me. Everything is beautiful. But is there a beauty in fear? Yes. Is it as simple as that? Well, I'm unsure. What makes fear beautiful, or interesting? It's beginning to unravel. I'd say, its the intensity and the reaction. Though when you meet eye to eye with fear, beauty, is the last thing you see. You see fear. Fear fear. A gentle human reaction would be to shy away from the unknown. And that's what fear is. A man without a face. Who knows what he looks like. If you can taste him. Trust him. Converse. So, you shy away. And that there is what's so intriguing. How does one react differently to another. Whom is affraid of what and why? Experience? Definately. Or lack of. Precisely. I think to be intrigued is to feel beauty on the other side. And this is what I am discovering. Curious as a cat, I've always been drawn to unusual, awkard objects or situations. The challenge is alluring. Sexy. We each take steps to protect ourselves. Each different from the other. Some draw a sword, others close their eyes. I am about to stare fear in the face. And I am about to shy away. But it's for my own well being. My health - or so it seems. I don't know what will happen. I'm scared of the result. But it's so beautiful learning about myself. Watching myself fall and then dusting myself off. But is it really that simple? Falling. Dusting. I'm still a baby. I'm learning to try everything. To put it in my mouth. To see if it's poisonous. One would think that in itself was fearless. I wish it was that easy.

I'm sitting here. Afraid. Excited. Exhausted. Hungry. I'd be sound. But rather upside down. But atleast I'm trying. And I'm listening. Is there beauty in lying down?

Things I may try first:

+ biting the head off a Barbie Doll
+ squeezing the cat's fur until my teeth break
+ 1 litre of Chatreuse in one breath
+ popping my mattress in the grand piano and tapping my toe on B Flat until the rain comes


─ Image by Andre Kertsz ( now that is beautiful )

No comments:

Post a Comment