Monday, December 14, 2009

johannes schwartz publications make me froth

experimental_jetset_highres1experimental_jetset_highres2
experimental_jetset_hr_unfoldExperimental_Jetset_HighLight2


experimental_jetset_highres4


I am an avid creamer for seamless layouts. Incredible. Clean. Charming. Beautiful. And I must say, I'm paticularly abducted by the reference to past eras. I so wish I could be more original. Vintage is everybody's cup of tea. I live in the past. It's ridiculous. So!....These were delicious publications created for photographer Johannes Schwartz during the exhibitions he had participated in between 2003 and 2007. The typography seals the deal. Don't you think? My particular favourite is the photographs taken of the ruins of the Dutch Pavillion in Hanover. These were taken for 'Now and Again', an exhibition exploring the concept of the past in 2005. After taking the photos they named them 'High Noon' and created the publication as exactly that. A tower of images. So on one side there was imagery, and on the other side text. What I find sexy about each publication, is they ran with a similar theme of vintage fury images and retro typography, but were folded in a different way for each series. Some even containing an amalgamation of folded things. Delish! We do love a good fold. And we do love a slight change in plans but still corresponding. I bet you the stock smells amazing. And the ink! oooh, the ink.


2 comments:

  1. No mention of Experimental Jetset? The grid structure is nice; especially how it works when seeing through the stock to the other side. Works perfectly. I want to smell it. The ink in the grooves would feel amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops. forgot.
    a little too caught up i think...

    EXPERIMENTALJETSETSICKGRIDDDD

    ReplyDelete